There are a lot of intensive and intrinsic coding involved when you need to design and develop and website or web application. A lot of time has to be scheduled to write codes and many of them will have to be written right from scratch for each and every website development project. What if you had a shortcut for all the basic stuff in creating a website? Before we start talking about the most important aspect of this article that is the various front end frameworks let’s try to quickly understand the what exactly is a front-end framework and its utility from a developers perspective.
What is a front-end framework?
A front-end framework in simple words is a package which consists of predefined and written structured set of files, folders and standardized codes in the form of HTML, CSS, JS and much more. These are already written basic code structures presented in a ready to use format and forms the basic elements of developing a website.
Such basic structures and pre-defined formats packaged in a ready to use manner help in streamlining the entire web designing process it already has a built-in basic framework for websites. Hence we can say that a front-end framework is a library of reusable components and conventions which are already debugged and tested.
A front-end framework can also be referred to as CSS framework and it helps developers in prototyping websites and applications. Hence as the developer doesn’t have to concentrate on the basic nitty gritty of structural foundation on which the website has to be built upon he can focus more on the visual design and the contents.
Needless to say, you do not have to build a website project right from scratch when decided to base it on a front-end framework.
What does front-end framework normally consist?
- A Grid: A web designer would be well aware how much important a grid system is while designing a website. A grid system makes it quite simple to organize the design elements on a website. It creates a structure which is usually made up of series of vertical, horizontal and angular or curved guidelines which is essential to structure the content placement on a website. A front-end framework contains pre-defined grids of many dimensions and can be aptly chosen as per requirements.
- Pre-defined font styles: A pre-defined set of font styles and sizes which vary according to the function and placement of elements on the website. It contains different typography for headings and paragraphs and hence as it is already set the developer does not have to tweaks the CSS files.
- Pre-built website components: Various website elements and components such as panels, buttons, and navigation bars are a part and parcel of any website and it takes a lot of time to get the perfect and uniform elements across the website. With a standard front-end framework, it contains a uniform set web elements which lessen the burden on the website designer.
Advantages of using a front-end framework:
There are a lot of reason why as a developer you should opt for a front-end framework as many of them have already been mentioned. Let us just try to identify a few of the very pertinent key advantages of creating a website based on a front-end framework.
- The most important advantages of all while using a front-end framework is that it saves a lot of time for the developer. If you need to create a website right from scratch then you will have to spend a good number of hours writing every single line of code. With a standard good front-end framework, you can start off with your website designing based on an already existing website structure.
- Another aspect of having a front-end framework is that the components and codes are already been debugged and tested and hence as a developer you can be worry free from spending time in seeing if there are errors in the code. More so almost all front-end frameworks are tested for browser compatibility and hence are 100% functional codes.
- Last but not the least who doesn’t want to have an extra set of components which might be useful and add the extra usefulness on a website. As a developer, you will always want to have many more web elements to choose from without the need to spend your time on creating one.
One of the best tools that are used today for website designing is front-end frameworks as it allows the web developer to lessen the burden of creating a website right from scratch. It now only increased your productivity by providing you with quality web elements but also assures you that it all the structures work free of error. It necessary to understand that front-end framework are the best tools to start your website designing project but ultimately the final products rest on you intuitive and creative skills.